Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Merton Street Skips

Now there is a little side story to this photo that I think I should share.  I was in the busy city centre today and thinking what will todays photo be, and I said lets to a black and white shot of Merton Street, and it could look like it was from the 1900's, and I am sure not a lot has changed in this street.
Well I got around to Merton Street, and there were not people around to give the fashion away etc, the only thing that was out of place was a large delivery lorry, on the left of the photo.  I decided that this would not be around for long and waited.  After about 5 minutes, the lorry was still in the way, but I waited. Then the driver came out of the college, started the lorry and I was happy as I was running late and wanted to get this shot.  As he pulled away from the college, the bight yellow skip that was hidden behind his lorry come into view....
So this is the view from Merton Street looking West, with an ugly skip in view.

2 comments:

june in florida said...

I think it's still a beautiful picture,black and white is very artistic and if you squint you miss the skip.

Leeds daily photo said...

Some of our most interesting and nice looking streets are ruined by the addition of bins on bin day. I seem to be out and about in somewhere new on bin day more than average!