Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oxford University Japan Society Collection

Back online after a couple of days without a computer, sorry about that guys. Today while in Oxford I could not help but donate to these Japanese students from Oxford University who were collecting on behalf of the Japanese Red Cross.
I had just twittered a couple of hours before how I was reading about what was happening in Japan and said that I would like to help, when I spotted these guys taking time out of there studies to collect for the victims of that shocking earthquake last Friday.
I was not even aware that there was a Oxford University Japanese Society until I gut talking to this couple, they told me that there were about 20 students at the University from Japan and more who attend Oxford Brookes. Well done guys, and from the Red Cross website it looks like students around the UK have collected/donated over £10000 for the appeal.

1 comment:

Leeds daily photo said...

I too would have given them some cash. The news from Japan has been progressively worse, not looking good at all.