Thursday, March 18, 2010

Late blooming daffodils on an out of time place

One of Oxford's most out of time places is the cemetery of St Mary Magdalen's Church at Magdalen Street. The cemetery is situated in the city centre and during the day lots of cars, buses, bicyclists and pedestrians pass by. It's as if time stood still within the fences of this graveyard. The atmosphere gets even more serene when the night falls. I took this picture around 9.30 pm tonight just when it started to rain, so by the time I got home I was soaking wet. By the way, as you can see in the front of the picture: Oxford has joined the nation's "disaster" of late blooming daffodils. I found it rather funny to see how much attention the media in this country spend on that subject in the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

LottaN said...

I wish the snowdrops would blossom here...